Thursday, April 29, 2010

She wore flowers in her hair...

Thursday, April 29, 2010
Carolina Herrera is a Venezuelan fashion designer. The floral accessories that the model is wearing reminded me of the artist Frida Kahlo.

Frida Kahlo was known for her distinctive fashion style as well as her love of vibrant colours. There is a current trend to introduce colourful shoes into the bridal look - how about a splash of colour into you hair accessories?

The image above is the cover to a book called I will Never Forget You. The book describes Frida's art and life. It documents her passionate affair with photographer Nickolas Muray and is illustrated with photographs and some of their ardent love letters.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Gorgeous... I hope to incorporate flowers into my bridal 'do. I've read that gardenias are the best bet... I'm still unsure what I want the placement to be, though. I don't see too many brides with flowers in their hair. If you have any ideas, I'd be more than happy to know. :)

Rangoli said...

Hi Erin - You need to choose flowers that do not wilt easily. It's good to have a couple of replacements for throughout the day!

Silk flowers make a good alternative and there are some very realistic designs available to choose from now.

I hope this helps!