Friday, May 28, 2010

A wedding in Malta

Friday, May 28, 2010
And a big thanks to Paula who got in touch recently to share some gorgeous pics from her wedding. Paula and Will were married in Malta over a year ago.

Malta seems to be a beautiful venue for a wedding, providing an intimate and sunny setting for a destination wedding. Paula said it was a sizzling 36 degrees for their day! I just love their pastel colour theme..reminds me of sweet peas.

Paula wore Rangoli crochet pendant earrings and a matching bracelet. Will commissioned me to make a surprise gift of the bracelet which he presented to her on the morning of the wedding! What a thoughtful idea. Here are a few words from Paula herself -
I love antique jewellery but wanted to mix it with a modern look for my wedding day. I had antique lace put around the neckline of my dress and therefore wanted jewellery to complement this. I had an idea of what I wanted in my head but couldn't find what I was looking for! But when I met Aisling, it was as if she could read my mind!!

I loved the earrings and (surprise) bracelet and felt very special on the day knowing that they were made specially for me!! My bridesmaids (sisters), were delighted with their pieces and were taken aback that I had gone to the effort of getting jewellery commissioned for them! It was lovely for me to be able to give them such a special gift. My sister is getting married in July and she is wearing the earrings and bracelet on her big day and is also getting a fabulous headpiece from Aisling!

They are pieces that hold very special memories and I will always treasure them! Aisling was amazing to work with and I would recommend her to any bride-to-be!

Above you can see the classic pearl and rhinestone pendants, bracelets and earrings that I designed for Paula's sisters.

Thanks Paula for your kind words and to both of you for sharing your pictures - I wish you every happiness together.

Read more about this earring style -

No comments: