Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A dress with a story

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Well, while we're on the thread of all things vintage, I thought I'd share a beautiful story, a beautiful dress and a beautiful bride with you.

Mel is not one of my clients but I read about her wedding on Rock My Wedding. Although I design for all dress styles and personalities, I do love an element of vintage glamour. Maybe it reminds me of the feeling I get when I look at my parents and grand-parents wedding albums!

Mel wanted something a bit different for her wedding gown and decided she would visit The Vintage Wedding Dress Company in London. This shop sources beautiful vintage gowns from the Victorian era right up to the early 70's. I think the one she picked is really beautiful!

Here are a few words from Mel about choosing her dream dress -
My engagement ring is vintage and after looking at a few contemporary dresses online, I decided that they just weren't for me. I didn't like the idea that no matter how beautiful my dress was, another girl could be getting married up the road wearing the exact same thing.
What a beautiful wedding - you can read more about it on RMW. For Irish brides looking for a beautiful vintage dress, have a look at Dirty Fabulous. This shop hopes to re-open in September so keep an eye on the their website and blog for details. Trust me, this shop carries the most beautiful vintage dresses for weddings any other special occasions. Some of my clients have also bought their bridesmaids dresses here too. Read my other articles about Dirty Fabulous -

The images above were taken by Touch Photography

1 comment:

sarah said...

Really nice wedding photography, soft ambient light. Reminds me of the Wedding Photography style we created for Bateman's Barn this weekend.