Thursday, June 10, 2010

Five things Tink loves - Tinkerbelle's second guest blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010
Regulars to my blog will have read my previous post about Tinkerbelle. If you missed the introduction you should go and check her blog out now - it's packed with genuine and informative advice for anyone planning a wedding and there are lots of chuckles along the way!

Tinkerbelle's first guest post was really about how to project manage your wedding. Now I have asked her to share five interesting things or fun ideas that she has discovered on her bridal trail. Take it away Tink!

Five Things Tink loves...
1. Invitations that surprise, that reflect your personality and hint at what your wedding will be like. How amazing are these groovy record invitations?

2. Unusual guest books
I don't know why, but the idea of a normal guest book being signed by friends and family just doesn't appeal to me. I'm sure there is something a lot more fun and quirky you could have them do. I love the idea of having your guest write their messages on fabric squares and then afterwards you can sew them together into a fab quilt.

3. Easy-peasy Monograms
Want to get in on the trend of using monograms to personalise your wedding stationery but can’t afford the design costs? The wedding chicks site has cool templates which are simple to use to create your very own customised monogram.

4.Soft wedding hair styles
I hate really severe wedding hair styles that make the bride look like as if an alternative life form has nested in the back of her head. I much prefer these soft and delicate looks.

5. Whimsy
Yes, getting married in an important and serious matter but that doesn’t mean it can’t be fun. I love finding interesting ways in inject some colour and surprise into the day and there are countless ways to do this like funky footwear or quirky cake toppers.

Be sure to follow Tinkerbelle's exciting journey via her blog. I don't know what she's going to do when this wedding is over...I really hope she finds a way to continue inspiring us all.

No comments: