Friday, July 30, 2010

Claire and Eddie's wedding

Friday, July 30, 2010
Ok, here we go...feast your eyes on this romantic, stylish and fun wedding.
Claire and Eddie - you look amazing. You also look incredibly relaxed and your photos capture such beautiful emotions.


This wedding was photographed by Christina Brosnan and when Claire showed me her pictures, I had difficulty narrowing down the ones I wanted to feature! Christina's style is really informal with lots of natural lighting and pretty feminine details.

When I first met Claire, I could tell that she wanted help and advice in creating the overall style of her wedding. She was well able to choose different elements that she liked but was a bit overwhelmed when it came to putting the whole look together. I found her attitude very refreshing. She was completely open to asking for advice from different experts and this resulted in her enjoying the planning of their wedding much more. Claire also attended a styling workshop with Julie Cobbe from StyleFish.

Claire found her dress in Eden Manor and was full of praise for both the owners of the shops as well as the great selection of dresses. This dress is a sculptural, yet so soft and floaty. Although there is no beading detail on the dress, I advised Claire against wearing anything around her neck. Instead she chose an elegant headpiece with simple drop earrings and a very delicate bracelet.


Choosing my dress was easier than expected - one bridal shop (Eden Manor in Enniscorthy) and 25 dresses later. But a dress doesn't create the look alone. A veil was never for me, so wearing something in my hair seemed logical. I also presumed I needed earrings, a necklace and bracelet. However, I didn't feel confident about what would look best - especially since I didn't have my dress to try on with anything. After looking for some advice, I found Julie Cobb and StyleFish. Not alone did Julie recommend Aisling and Rangoli, but I completed her 7 week style course and graduated a more stylish wife-to-be!!!

During my appointment with Aisling in her fabulous studio, she looked at images of my dress which i had brought, styled my hair as i planned on wearing it and chatted about the type of bride I was and the kind of day we were planning - I genuinely felt she was trying to get to know me. After trying a number of pieces in my hair and their matching accessories, I was totally confident making my decision. Although I confess i would never have chosen not to wear a necklace if Aisling hadn't pointed out that it was too much.

On our wedding day, I absolutely felt the most stylish i ever have and received more compliments than i could have hoped for. I would like to say a big hugable THANK YOU to Aisling for her creativity and encouragement and for giving my look the wow factor.

Claire

Claire and Eddie - Thanks for sharing your day with us. Claire - thanks for the hug too! You can read more about the wedding on Christina's blog -

What a lovely Friday post :-) Hope you all have a lovely holiday weekend for those living in Ireland!

Credits:
Photogrpahy by Christina Brosnan
Make-up by Aoife Callaghan
Styling course at StyleFish

1 comment:

planning a wedding said...

Both are looking very cute...I like her hair style & her hair band its very very nice