Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A pen for you and me - Pen Type A

Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Who likes writing with a nice pen? I do and I wanted to have a special pen for my customers to use when we take notes in the studio.

So, I like writing with nice pens AND I like supporting other creative people. One day last year, I came across this inspiring couple on the Kickstarter website. Kickstarter is so cool - their copy line is "A new way to fund and follow creativity". Artists and designers around the world have the chance to pitch their idea by using a short video. You can choose to fund their dream in a number of different ways.



I chose to buy one of these cool pens because I believed in these two enthusiastic people. I bought into Taylor + Che-Wei really and the bonus is that I (and anyone visiting my studio), will get to use this special pen. These two remind me why I love my job so much. I have enjoyed being on the journey with them and getting regular and really funny updates on how the manufacturing process is going... including all the hicups :-)

Taylor + Che-Wei wearing balloons!

Taylor + Che-Wei's pen is so minimal. I love the clean lines, sleek feel, (only imagined as yet) and most of all, the popping sounds it makes caused by the air pressure that holds it in it's container, (listen for the pop, pop, pops at the end of the video!) If I'm honest, the popping sounds were the deal clincher. It's a pen, it's a ruler and they promise me that it will last for generations. How cool is that?

You can read more about the Pen Type A pen or choose your own project to support on Kickstarter.

Let me know if you'd like to visit me and try out my new pen! (it hasn't arrived yet but you'll hear all about it when it does).

No comments: