Thursday, September 27, 2012

Beaded sash belt

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I missed seeing Kate Middleton's dress for the London Olympic Gala Concert but one of my client's didn't! She loved it so much that she asked her dress designer to make her a variation to wear to her upcoming brother's wedding.


This Jenny Packham dress is just gorgeous and I sighed when I first saw it! I've always loved the delicacy and feminine quality of Jenny's designs. Illusion or transparent elements are really popular for 2012 and this sheer lace back is gorgeous. Cap sleeves and fine pleating give lots of contrast and the jewelled sash belt is the perfect finishing touch. And that's without even mentioning the colour!


I was thrilled to be asked to come up with a design for the belt brooch detail. Norma said she wanted to keep a dark pewter base with some rhinestone as well as the zircon Swarovski crystal. I followed the tapered oval shape and came up with a beaded design that will be sewn onto a ribbon sash.

Of course, this dress will not be a replica. Norma's designer wants to give it a few creative twists! The back of her dress will have a scalloped edge opening from the neckline to the waist. Wow!

I was also asked to design a hair accessory. This is the finished design; a dainty jewelled comb to tuck into her soft chignon hairstyle. I think this lady is going to look stunning at her brother's wedding and I can't wait to see some photos.

I always like to share some of my bespoke commissions on my blog so that you can see what's involved in having a piece made. Your imagination is the only limitation. Please get in touch if you would like to visit me and discuss your ideas!

No comments: