Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Downton Abbey glamour

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm saying it out loud; I am officially addicted to the wonderful world of Downton Abbey! Last Sunday's (first episode of season three) couldn't come quick enough for me. A whole summers lead up to Mary and Mathew's wedding. And I wasn't expecting to get a glimpse of the beautiful bride in the first programme.


Lady Mary on the way to marry Mathew

This series promises to deliver even more lavish jewels to inspire me, roaring twenties style, lashings of sarcasm and averted eyes, romance and strife, conspiracy and cocktails and decadent dinner parties invitations to die for. In my next post, I'll share some photos of Mary's bejewelled headpiece - I definitely give it the thumbs up :-)

Here is the official trailer for season three. Are you a fan of Downton? I'd love to hear your thoughts below! And most importantly, what did you think of her headpiece?


3 comments:

Eadaoin said...

I didn't see the new episode, but her dress looks fab. I love how they portray the era so very well through the clothes, jewellery and set, it's lavish to watch!

Ivy Long, Edera Jewelry said...

I love Downton Abbey! Unfortunately, we have to wait another few months before it premiers here in the US. :(

Unknown said...

Hi Eadaoin - you are going to have to watch the next one or download the first one from somewhere! Have you been following the last two series?

And Ivy, I might have to issue a 'spoiler alert' or 'alerts' for you so that you don't see too much before you get to watch season 3 :-)