Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Styling your wedding dress

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

So you have picked your wedding dress and you love it. You've trawled the internet and have found a tiny picture of an extremely leggy 7 foot woman wearing it. You know that you look better in it but this is what you carry around with you when you're trying to choose your accessories and other visual elements for your day. 


It's tricky to know how to style this dress isn't it? And it's a bit stressful too when you don't want to show too many people what your dress is like. Your dress has been ordered and you haven't seen it in 6 months. And you won't see it again until a month before your wedding. That's where I am here to help you!


I have been looking at wedding gowns for 15 years now and I have a really good eye for styling the complete look. From talking to clients, one of the main concerns that you have is that all of the elements you need are in different places. You need someone who can look at hairstyle and dress images and guide you through the process of choosing accessories that will complement and not compete with your dress.

I offer this advice as part of my one-on-one consultations. I spend lots of time getting to know you and your sense of style. It's very much about keeping it real and feeling like you.


So, I've decided to start a new regular feature here on the blog where I will talk about how to style a particular dress. We'll be looking at;

  • The style of dress
  • The lines
  • The embellishment
  • Words to describe it - this is where the imagination comes in!
  • And suggestions for hairstyles and accessories that will add that perfect touch of glamour.

I want you to get in touch by email [aisling at rangoli dot ie] and send me a picture of your dress. International brides, I want to hear from you too. We may never get to meet in person but I would love to help you style your wedding dress.


For more inspiration, have a look at some of my bespoke commissions on my blog or Rangoli Brides Albums on my website and Facebook page.


Photo credit:
Image of origami dresses found via Mod Cloth on Tumblr



No comments: