Monday, April 22, 2013

Out of the box

Monday, April 22, 2013

I like to think of my jewels as precious, but not so precious that they are worn once and wrapped (however lovingly) in a box. I firmly believe that life is for living and savings should be for holidays or pensions!


Every time someone buys a piece for me, I quiz them on how they are going to wear it again. And I often get a similar reaction; 'Oh, I didn't think about it like that.' All I do is ask them to visualise the jewellery or headpiece with a completely different outfit. Generally, it won't be a floor length formal gown. My designs tend to look really good with simple, well cut dresses. Save the decorative details for your accessories.

I didn't have to give this advice to Cliodhna though; she loves to dress up on a daily basis and only owns a single pair of jeans. So impressive! She got in touch though, to tell me that she'd prefer to have her wedding comb on a hairband.

She was going to a wedding and had chosen a divine creation from Dirty Fabulous. The lace dress combined a blush/apricot with taupe underlay and bow. 'V' fabulous as my sister would say!


So here is the 'new' headpiece which Cliodhna loves; she tells me she'll be wearing it every weekend. That's what I like to hear.

You can read about Cliodhna's wedding as well as the bridesmaids hairpin I designed for her sister.

Do you plan to wear your bridal accessories again or have I got you thinking if you're already married? Leave me a comment below or on my Facebook page. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: