Friday, June 28, 2013

Bridal cap sleeves

Friday, June 28, 2013

I think that shoulders are a gorgeous part of the female body! And I adore sleeves. Delicate or sculptural, transparent or solid. I'm designing for a client who will have ornately beaded sleeves on her dress. Looking through my Pinterest boards, I'm reminded of my ongoing obsession...

 

I made this Instagram video as an ode to the wondrous sleeve!




 

Here are three recent pins - The first is the Clio dress by Rosa Clara. The fringed sleeves must look beautiful when they move. The second dress is by Amanda Garrett, from her 2012 collection. The last dress is by Christos Bridal and is called Meadow.

 




What do you think? Are you a sleeve girl? I use Pinterest to save my inspiration - you can see more of my favourites in my 'Gown Love' album.

Are you looking for hair accessories or jewellery? I'm based in The Design Tower in the Dublin Docklands and I'd love to hear your ideas. For more inspiration, check out some of my recent commissions on my blog or website.

 

Image credits:
Rosa Clara Clio dress via Wedding Inspirasi

Amanda Garrett dress: via Pinterest
Christos Bridal dress, via Pinterest

Video credits:

Image 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13.






2 comments:

Shenz said...

Wow, these dresses are stunning and the detail on the sleeves really do enhance them.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment Kalli - I just checked out your own blog. Lovely work.Good luck with your new business!